Some versions of AOL do not recognize the “continue shopping” button within the shopping cart. If this happens simply minimize the shopping cart window and continue shopping.
Older versions of Internet Explorer (under 5.5) the “continue shopping” button does not appear within the shopping cart. Simply minimize your shopping cart window and continue your shopping.
When I make an eCheck payment, when will the money be debited from my bank account?
PayPal will send the request to your bank immediately. It will take up to 4 business days for the electronic funds transfer to be completed and for the funds to become available to the recipient of your payment.
If your bank initially declines the electronic funds transfer, the payment may be delayed for up to an additional 7 business days. In this case, the Expected Clearing Date listed in the recipient’s transaction history will be updated to reflect the new date.
Why am I having trouble registering my credit card?
There are several reasons you may be having trouble registering your credit card:
- Different Addresses – You may be unable to register your credit card if the address at which you receive your monthly billing statement does not exactly match the address which you entered when trying to register that card with PayPal. Check your credit card statement for an exact match, and then try registering your credit card again.
- Card Verification Number incorrect – You may be unable to register your credit card if you did not correctly enter the card verification number. The verification number is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after and to the right of your card number. If a card verification number is not available, please try using a different card. Note: International account holders will also be required to add a card verification number.
If you still have trouble
- Try another card – You may not be able to use the card you tried to add in the PayPal system. You may want to try to register a different card.
- Try again later – You may be able to successfully add your credit card if you try again at a later time.
- Try an alternate funding source – You can always make a payment using your PayPal account balance or with your bank account.
What if I’ve forgotten my password?
Before you can reset your password, you will need to confirm ownership of your account by answering questions that only you as the account owner would know. After you have answered the questions to verify your identity, you will be asked to choose a new password. Remember to choose a meaningful password or keep your password in a safe place in case you forget it again.
- Go to the PayPal homepage
- Click on the Forget your password? link
- Enter your email address
- Click Submit
- Check your email inbox
- Click on the link in the PayPal email
- If nothing happens when you click the link, copy and paste the URL into your browser window
- Confirm your account ownership by completing one of the sections of the Verify Your Identity page
- Click Submit
- Enter your new password and new security questions and answers
- Click Submit
- Your password has been successfully changed